Sunday 1 May 2016

April Wrap Up

I can't believe April's already over!  Despite setting myself some pretty high goals this month for reading and being really motivated to stick to them at the start of April, it wasn't a great reading month for me as I only managed to read three books once again, a number I really want to improve upon next month.  Nonetheless, here are the three books I did read, as well as the book I am currently reading.  And so, enjoy!


As I said in my March Wrap up, I actually started this at the very end of March, but I managed to finish it quite early on in the month.  I was really excited to continue on with this series as it had been a while since I read the fourth one, and the recent Shadowhunter Tv show had really got me in the mood to return to the world.  I really enjoyed continuing on with the series, and actually found I prefered this book to the last one, something I really wasn't expecting to happen. As always, I loved the characters, the storyline (even if it was slightly slow to get started) and I can't tell you how excited I now am to read the final book.  


My second book of the month was quite an impromptu one, but one I'm really glad I did end up picking up.  It was one I'd heard only a bit about beforehand, so I was quite excited to go into without the hype and high expectations that often comes with some of the books I read.  Fortunately, I ended up loving this one with all its time travel and pirate adventures, and I really enjoyed reading about and watching the storyline and plot that this followed slowly unravel throughout the book.  I also adored so many of the characters in this, especially members of the crew, and I'm so glad I decided to give this one a go.  



3) Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews 
My third read ended up acutally being my last full read of the month unfortunately, despite the first two books taking me only a week or so to get through.  Ever since the adaptation of this one came out last year, I've been interested in reading it before seeing the film, and so I finally decided to pick it up last month.  Unfortunately though, I wasn't much of a fan of this one and considering giving up on it at quite a few points.  I just didn't like the lack of plot and found the humour to sometimes go a little over the top and too far, although I will admit that at times it wasn't too bad.  However, overall it just wasn't a book for me and I'm not sure whether or not the film will be something I'll be watching anytime soon.


4) The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (currently reading) - 
Finally, I haven't managed to get a ton of reading done the rest of the month as I've had barely any time and so I am barely 150 pages through this one at present.  So far I am enjoying it, but I'm just not loving it enough to actually make time to read it.  Hopefully soon I will be able to find time to read again!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment