Tuesday 31 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday Fifty Four

Top Ten Beach reads for the summer

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  I was really looking forward to this weeks topic as summer is definitely the time when I get the most reading done, and quite often these books are your typical contemporary beach reads, so I knew this wouldn't be a hard one for me.  However, instead of going for the normal choices, I decided to try and recommend so different choices as well to suit everyone.  And so, enjoy! 



1) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
As I'm sure everyone knows by now, if you're looking for a cute contemporary romance that includes a little travel then this is perfect. Not only is it a gorgeous little story with some great characters, but it also takes place in Paris just to make it even better suited to a beach read that can transport you!

2) The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
This one is a book I read fairly recently, and one that is perfect if you want a great setting that will transport you to somewhere amazing, in this case Hawaii.  It's also more of a fantasy and so is a great one to pick up if you want something a little different to your average contemporary. 



3) Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I'm someone who, as soon as I hear beach reads, thinks contemporaries, specifically contemporaries that take you on a journey like this one.  It's such an amazing little story about finding yourself and includes so many adventures that will entertain you thoroughly, and even includes a bit of romance to satisfy anyone in the summer. 

4) Everyday by David Levithan
If you're looking for a bit of a different contemporary for a beach read, then Everyday is perfect as it includes paranormal aspects but still sticks to a fairly normal setting.  Its also one of the few books I've ever read in one sitting, and so is definitely one that draws you in and captivates you with its amazingly unique story.



5) The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Here's another one for anyone who isn't a fan of contemporaries, and wants something a little different to read this summer.  It takes place in a historic setting in India and so still is perfect if you want a travel aspect, but also includes a ghostly mystery that will intrigue you in a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after finishing.  

6) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
If you want a contemporary that's a little more mysterious where things aren't always what they seem, then definitely give this one a read if you haven't already.  It's captivating, beautifully written and will hit you with a plot twist you never saw coming - its perfect if you want a darker story that will completely envelope you till the end. 



7) The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
This was one of my many summer reads last year, and is honestly perfect if you need a little travel and few different settings.  It's such a cute little romance and story which will draw you in whilst transporting you all over the world at the same time. 

8) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Finally, if you're more of a sci-fi fan than a contemporary one then I definitely suggest this one.  With its unique style and story it will be sure to interest anyone who likes a bit of sci-fi and even someone who's normally not a fan, and is perfect for a beach read with its amazing characters and fast paced plot.  


What books are some of your favourite beach reads?

*

6 comments:

  1. Since You've Been Gone made my list today, too. It's definitely a fun, adventurous read. Anna and the French Kiss is a great choice too. Wonderful list!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love both Since You've Been Gone and Anna, and yes, they are both so fun and great summer reads :)

      Delete
  2. I loved The Girl from Everywhere. It may not be a traditional beach read, but I think it does a phenomenal job of transporting you to a different time and place which makes it the perfect escape read in my opinion. Thanks for all the recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely agree, it really is a great one if you want to travel to somewhere new :)

      Delete
  3. YAY for the 'Anna and the French Kiss' love! That novel is still a top favorite of mine. :) Also, I've heard 'Since You've Been Gone' is Morgan's best, so I'm eager to read that one.

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, Alice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anna is such a good book, and one I seriously need to reread soon! I'd definitely recommend Since You've Been Gone as out of the two Morgan Matson books I've read it was definitely my favourite - hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete