Sunday 15 May 2016

May/ June TBR

As I've said before, recently I've been in a little reading slump, mainly because I just have so little free time to read that often I won't pick up my current read for days on end.  And so, I 've decided to try making a little TBR for the next month and half or so, in an attempt to get my reading some more.  I probably won't get to all of these (although you never know), and I might end up reading completely different books to the ones here, but nonetheless, here are some of the books I plan to read in the remainder of May and June.  And so, enjoy! 



1) An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I picked this one up from the library a few weeks ago now, but as I haven't been reading a ton I unfortunately haven't yet managed to start it.  I've been really getting into and reading a lot more fantasy recently, so I'm excited to get into this one as soon as I finish Night Owls.  To be perfectly honest I don't have an amazing idea of what this one's about, but I've heard pretty good things and if the quote on the back is anything to go by then it shouldn't be too bad by any means.


2) Mosquitoland by David Arnold
This was one of my most anticipated releases of last year, and yet still it has been sitting on my shelf, unread for months now.  It follows Mim as she takes a bus back to her old home where her mother has recently become ill.  Not only is a roadtrip-esque book, but it also just sounds so interesting and unique that I can't wait to see how wonderful a read this - hopefully - turns out to be.

3) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Their is only one reason why I have yet to pick this book up yet: its length.  For some reason everytime I go to pick up this one, I put it off simply because its not the shortest of books, despite happily picking up longer books in the meantime (I know, it doesn't make sense to me either).  It sees the main character Cath face new challenges as she moves to college and is forced to find her own without her twin sister, Wren by her side.  I've also heard such great things about this one that I really want to finally get to it and see what its all about!


4) Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallach
Seeing how much I adored Tommy Wallach's first book, We All Looked Up, I couldn't not pick this one up when it was released in February.  But, as is always the case, I've been putting this one off because I know once I've read it, I won't be able to read another new book by Wallach until next year at least.  However, I am determined to give in and read it as I'm so excited to finally pick it up after anticipating for so long.

5) Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - 
This one has been on my TBR for a few months now, ever since the film first came out.  The only reason I haven't picked this up yet is because its adult fiction, something I'm still a little nervous about.  However, I am determined to at least give this one a go soon as its pretty short, and so hopefully I can finally pick it up some time in the next few weeks or so.


6) Everyday by David Levithan 
This one will be reread for me, after first reading and loving it quite a few years ago now.  This one follows A, who wakes up everyday in a different person's body, and is one of the few books I have ever read in one sitting.  I adore this story and so can't wait to revisit it, especially as afterwards I can pick up Another Day as well!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment