Sunday 17 April 2016

25 Bookish Facts About Me

Recently, I have seen this tag everywhere, and have now seen so many people do it that I thought I'd give it a little go in an attempt to perhaps tell you a little more about my reading habits and just general bookish facts you might not have known about me.  And so, enjoy!  



1) My absolute favourite book of all time is The Book Thief - its such a beautiful story and if you haven't read it yet, I urge you to go and do so now! 

2) I much prefer paperbacks and so consequently I own very few hardbacks as not only are they more expensive but I also find them harder to read.  I only ever normally by a book in hardback if it is not yet out in paperback or if its 100x prettier than the paperback.

3) Not only do I prefer paperbacks, I also love the really floppy paperbacks that make it almost impossible to break the spine.  I love not having that extra thing to worry about whilst reading!

4)I have yet to read Harry Potter ( I know, I know, I am trying to change this), but I am a huge fan of the movies, and I'm currently on book 3 of the series

5) My most read genre is contemporary but I am slowly reading and loving more and more fantasy books.



6) Despite this, many of my favourite books, including The Book Thief, The Game of Love and Death and The Midnight Palace are all historical fiction novels. 

7) My most read author and likely my favourite author is Amanda Hocking.  So far, I have read 3 of her series and am currently halfway through the Kanin trilogy, which as soon as I finish will make it 4.

8) I love short story compilations, although I only currently own two, My True Love Gave to Me and How They Met by David Levithan.

9) I have only read one classic outside of school (Wuthering Heights) but I did make it half way through Jane Eyre, and am planning to read Pride and Prejudice very soon! 


10) My favourite book to movie adaptation is The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  

11) I have a total of five bookshelves scattered across my room, but only three of them are currently completely full. 

12) I used to always reread my favourites when I was younger but now I rarely do.  Its definitely something I hope to start doing again soon. 

13) I am Ravenclaw and proud!

14) I actually tend to really enjoy book to movie adaptations everyone else hates, even if I have read the book it is meant to be based on and is only loosely based off the books.  For example, I really like the Percy Jackson films even if they are completely unfaithful of the book, and I adore The Host movie as well. 

20) I don't use actual bookmarks, as I find they fall out too easily, and so instead I simply use a paperclip so that I can still keep my place without folding over the corner.


15) I currently don't have some of my favourite series as they all lent out such as The Hunger Games and Divergent trilogies, out of which I only currently have Mockingjay.  

16) I do own an e reader, but I only have one book and one series currently on it, despite owning it a number of years.

17)  It tends to take me around a week to read a book, but so far this year I have been reading at a slightly slower pace than this, and so am slightly behind on my reading challenge - hopefully this can change soon!

18) I am currently halfway through about 10 series at this point in time.

19) I actually really like the shadowhunters TV show even if it isn't too faithful to the book. 


21) Despite using a paperclip to mark my place, I do still dog-ear books, just not to mark where I am currently up to in the book.  Instead, if I find a quote I like then I will dog-ear the bottom of the page, whereas if I find a really good scene or section, then I will fold over the corner at the top of the page on which it starts.

22) I really like old, battered books - the scruffier, the better loved!  

23)  I tend to read alot more in the summer when I have more time to read, with the winter never being too productive with my reading. 

24) I have never tried an audiobook, as I'm unsure about whether or not I will be able to remember everything that happens when I am simply listening it, but I do hope to try one very soon to see if this is true.

25) I currently have 27 unread books on my bookshelf 

*

No comments:

Post a Comment