Top Ten characters everyone loves but I just don't get
Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week, I actually found quite difficult as I couldn't think of many characters who many people loved that I really didn't. However, I did manage to make a list of some of the characters I just don't get at all, even if some aren't as well loved or as widely loved as others. And so, enjoy!
1) Gale Hawthorne from The Hunger Games series - Gale is someone I have never liked and who I'm pretty sure I never will. He is just the initial best friend who falls for the main character, a trope I hate anyway, and to be honest I just don't agree with a lot of his decisions.
2) Margo Roth Spiegelman from Paper Towns - I'll admit, I am not a great fan of this book anyway, but my dislike for this character definitely helps that. I just didn't see the big thing with Margo and just found her to be quite selfish and just plain annoying.
3) Mal from Shadow and Bone - Strangely, I actually started out liking Mal at the start of the book, but by the end I was really not a fan of him at all. I can't really pinpoint exactly why I didn't like him, but I just don't think I agreed with his character much at all, particularly through the second half of the book. He just wasn't for me.
4) Four from The Divergent Series - Okay, so in all honestly I don't hate Four by any means. I just never really got that excited over him or ever really found him to be a character I particularly liked, especially in the last book when I grew to dislike him.
5) Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After - Another character here who I just found to be extremely irritating at particularly parts and who I just overall wasn't too keen on at all. I think I felt she was just quite immature at times, and I just couldn't like her in the way I feel I should with a main character.
6) Frankie from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - Frankie is a character I will flat out say I hate. Plain and simple. In the beginning she was tolerable and sweet, but as soon as the story got going she just obsessive and just downright annoying so much so that by the end I didn't care in slightest what happened to her - which isn't great if she's the main character.