Monday 11 January 2016

Winter TBR


Before now, I have never really ever set myself a proper TBR, be it for either a month, season of year.  But, after I listed some of the books I hope to get to in 2016 in my last top ten Tuesday post, I began wondering whether or not having one would help me not only keep up with my reading, but also hopefully stop me getting into reading slumps, as I would always have a next book I would be excited to read.  And so, despite it already being a little way through the season, I decided to come up with a winter TBR with some of the books that I hope to get to soon.  Enjoy!

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater 
This is one that I mentioned I wanted to get to in 2016, but it is also one I am determined to read in the winter, as for some reason or another it really seems like a wintery kind of book to me.  I know I will likely enjoy this one, and so I really would like to get to it as soon as possible, especially as a quote on the back of the book states it is 'the best book to curl up with'.  

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling 
I am determined to read this as soon as possible as it has already been over a year since I read the first one, and this is a series I really need to read.  I know that if I don't get round to these books soon, then I will likely give up on them entirely, as I already know the story, so I really do need to keep up the pace on reading these to make sure that this doesn't become the case. 

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
After attempting to read this one for the first time last year, I am more than slightly hesitant to try reading it again.  However, I am someone who hates not finishing a book, and after hearing a ton of great reviews on this book as well, I would really like to give this one another go.

Wuthering Heights 
Last year, one of my reading resolutions was to read more classics; unfortunately this never actually happened.  And so, I am determined this year to finally get round to one, this hopefully being the first one of many I read this year.  

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 
This series is one I would really like to finished this year, especially as I already own the whole series and so would never be stuck without the next book.  My only problem is that the ending of the last book left me wondering what else is to come from the story as a whole, so I really just need to get passed this doubt and continue on as I don't want to leave this series unfinished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment