Tuesday 20 September 2016

Top Ten Sixty Five

Top Ten of my favourite albums

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This weeks topic is one I've been excited for for a good while now as I am a huge lover of music, and so could not pass up the opportunity to share some of my favourite albums with you.  I'm also really looking forward to seeing everyone else's picks for this week, especially some audiobook recommendations, as I have yet to try one but would love to soon.  And so, enjoy!


1) Some Nights - Fun. - 

Surprisingly, this is one of the older albums on this list for me, as I first listened to and loved this album a few years ago now.  But still, I can happily put this album on and love every one of these songs, with all of them being amazing songs individually but also working so well as a whole album as well. 

Favourite Song - Out on the Town

2) Red - Taylor Swift -  

I'm a huge Taylor Swift, so its safe to say one of her albums had to be on this list, and honestly it had to be this one.  It was the first of her albums I ever owned and to this day I can safely say I'm still in love with every song on it, from the upbeat 22 and Stay, Stay, Stay to the more folksy Holy Ground right through to the real emotional ones that still get to me everytime.

Favourite Song - All Too Well

3) American Candy - The Maine - 

I can't remember exactly how I stumbled upon this amazing band, but what I do know is that I am so glad I did.  This album is just a perfect compilation where each of the songs is just as good as the next, but with each also having such good and unique topics that just make this that much better.  

Favourite Song - English Girls



4) Kids in Love - The Mowgli's - 

This is probably my most recent music discovery, with it being the album I have had on repeat every single day for the past few weeks.  I love how fun and uplifting all of the songs on this album are and how, no matter what mood I am, this album can make me feel so much happier almost instantly!

Favourite Song - What's Going On

5) Death of a Bachelor - Panic! at the Disco - 

As soon as I heard some of the first singles released off this album, I knew it was going to become one of my favourites.  I can firmly say I love all the songs on here and adore how some of the more upbeat songs are just as amazing as some of the slower ones.

Favourite Song - LA Devotee

6) Talking is Hard - Walk the Moon - 

This one was actually a very spontaneous listen for me, as when I first listened to it I actually hadn't heard almost any of their songs before.  And yet, this instantly became one of my favourite albums of last year, with all of these songs being so unique and so amazing in their own right, and its safe to say this album has made me certain to listen to any and every one of Walk The Moon's new and old releases as well.

Favourite Song - Boyfriend

7) AM - Arctic Monkeys - 

Another one that I only really started listening to in the last couple of months or so, but am already obsessed with.  I love the chill vibe this album has and can always listen to this one whenever I need to focus or just want to relax with some great music.

Favourite Song - No. 1 Party Anthem



8) Smoke and Mirrors - Imagine Dragons

I am a huge Imagine Dragons fan, so when they released their second album last year, it was safe bet it I would love it.  I never thought I would prefer this to Night Visions, and yet so soon after its releases I found I did, with all of these songs fitting perfectly well together to create this amazing album. 

Favourite Song - I'm So Sorry

9) Badlands - Halsey - 

This is another I feel like I was a little late to the game with, as I've only discovered my love for this album this year.  I love the darkness that comes with some of these songs, as well as the beautiful lyrics that make this album one of my favourites of all time. 

Favourite Song - I Walk The Line

10) American Beauty/ American Psycho - Fall Out Boy - 

I had a huge debate over which Fall Boy Out album to put on this list, and eventually decided that I had to go with the first ever album of theirs I listened to, which happened to be their most recent release.  As I've said with alot of these, I love how good each and every one of the songs on here are and how each brings its own unique melody but that all still fit together perfectly to create this. 

Favourite Song - The Kids Aren't Alright

11) Strange Desire - Bleachers - 

Finally, this band is one I haven't heard alot of people talk about, despite how amazing they are.  These are another that I would call pretty unique and individual, with all of their songs being so different yet still absolutely amazing.

Favourite Song - You're Still a Mystery


What are some of your favourite albums?  Have you listened to any of these - what did you think?



6 comments:

  1. I never listened to these songs/singers actually, except for Arctic Monkeys!! I love them!
    now I'm going to listen the rest of these song, hehe :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend all of these, but really happy you love Arctic Monkeys - their one of my favourites!

      Delete
  2. SMOKE WHATEVER YOU'VE GOT LEFT, IT'S GETTING LATE AND WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TO LOOOOOOSE.
    I absolutely love The Maine - I'm so glad you included them! American Candy's definitely my favourite album of theirs too, it's so fun to dance to but it also has such tender moments.
    I haven't heard of The Mowgli's, and I don't listen to much Walk The Moon or Bleachers, but I think I need to get on board with those because the rest of your choices are superb. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad someone else loves The Maine as much as me! American Candy is definitely my favourite of theirs as well, I just love every song on it!
      I'd definitely recommend giving all of them a go, but thank you and hope you enjoy listening to them :)

      Delete
  3. Cool list! You have nice taste in music. There were some albums on this list that I enjoy too. There were a lot albums by artists I've heard of but still haven't listened to yet. I think I will give them a try. Thanks for the great recommendations and for stopping by my blog. Keep it shiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you enjoy any of the albums you listen to :)

      Delete