Tuesday 9 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Thirteen

Top ten most anticipated releases for the rest of 2015

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  I have to admit, this weeks topic was not one I was hugely excited for - I was actually debating doing it at all.  But after a quick scroll through goodreads, I surprisingly found myself getting a fair list of books which I was excited about.  So here are my top ten most anticipated releases for the rest of 2015: 


1) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - When I first saw that Rainbow Rowell had another book coming out, it's safe to say that I wasn't expecting something full of ghosts, mystery and fantasy, even if it was all mixed in with some romance.  But nonetheless, I am still very excited to read this one, maybe even slightly more now I know it won't just be a romance. 

2) The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - Unlike the book above, I have surprisingly never read a novel by Patrick Ness, so I'm not only interested to finally read something he has written, but purely the concept of this is intriguing to me, with the ordinary boy finding his own remarkable and all!

3) The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi -  This one just sounds like such a summery, contemporary read, with the alternating chapters just putting a slight twist on this romance read, and honestly I can't wait to get my hands on this one.  

4) The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy - Despite not having read too many of them, I am definitely a fan of horror/ mystery books, so it's not surprising that this one drew me in straight away, with the time jump from the original incident, the memory loss and even purely the idea of happening over summer all intriguing me even more.  

5) Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas - This one just sounds both heart-wrenching and heart-warming (if that makes any sense!), with their friendship already drawing me and the idea of them never being able to meet just making this sound like such a more interesting read.  

6) Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson - Despite knowing that there being other books out there with this concept, I have yet to read one, and so this one just interested me straight away, due to this and due to the idea of the lines between reality and dreams slowly blurring - I'm just quite intrigued to see how it will all play out if I'm honest! 

7) The Next Together by Lauren James - This just sounds like my perfect book, with cool historic settings, time jumps and romance all mixed into one, with the added documents, diary entries and other features all just helping to get me even more excited for this one.

8) This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee -  I have to admit, historic, monster stories and retellings are generally not my type of thing, but somehow the synopsis of this one just drew me in, and I can't help but be intrigued to read this one and see how it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment