Top ten new-to-me authors I read in 2014
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event/meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This year I found myself reading a whole range of new authors and series that I fell in love with, so here are my top picks from 2014:
1)E. Lockhart - I read We were Liars in the summer and it is by far one of my favourite books I have read this year, so she needed to be here.
2) Cassandra Clare - This year i finally picked up the mortal instruments series and, although I'm still only on book three, I am loving them, so she had to be on the list.
3) David Levithan - Everyday was pretty much the first book I read this year and, despite a disappointing ending, I enjoyed it. Seeing as i have also read and enjoyed both Invisibility (co-written by him) and How They Met (a collection of short stories which i often find myself coming back to) i wanted to give him a spot on my top ten.
4) Stephanie Perkins - I love Stephanie Perkins books so much that it seems weird to think I have only read two of her books (I have yet to read Isla and the Happily Ever After) so it would be stupid to leave her off the list.
5) John Green - I can't believe i only discovered John Green this year, but I am so glad that i did! He has been one of my favourite authors from this entire year and I am so excited to read the two books that i have not yet read of his.
6) Rainbow Rowell - I have only read Eleanor and Park so far from her, but ended up really enjoying it! It also got me very excited to read other books such as Fangirl and Attachments, books which i hope to read some time next year.
7) Markus Zusak - Again, despite only reading one of his books, The Book Thief is one of my favourite books of all time, let alone this year, so it was an easy decision to place him on the list.
8) Rick Riordan - Again the Percy Jackson series is another that only this year began to read and, despite having my initial doubts, have found myself wanting to continue the series and hope to read the third one very soon!
9) Veronica Roth - I have very mixed feelings for Veronica Roth and the Divergent trilogy after loving the first two books but disliking Allegiant. However, it is still a series which gripped me, even when i hated it, and so Veronica Roth had to make a place on the list.