Friday 5 December 2014

Forgotten Friday Three

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 

Another Forgotten Friday, as i have been really behind on reading lately, but hopefully I will get back into the swing of things soon. Like We Were Liars, this was one i read and reviewed in the summer, and i thought it would be appropriate seeing as i recently reviewed Lola and the Boy Next Door(review here), so here it is:

Review: 

Another one of my summer reads here!  Firstly, I really enjoyed this and may even go as far as to say I loved it; I definitely like it enough to want to read Lola and the boy next door at least!
I think everyone can in some way relate to liking a friend as more than a friend and I think this element is played really well in this book.  I loved how it kept me on my toes, with a twist of the plot just around the corner.  I really felt for Anna through most of the book and was only really against her at one or two points.  I liked I could relate to her and liked how she stood up for her friends as well.
As for the other characters:  I think we all guess can guess that I did like St. Clair and fell for him through most of the book.  But I have to admit that at times I just wanted to shout into my book at him.  He definitely annoyed me at times but I’m glad that I didn’t end the book hating him.   I also really liked the character of Rashmi, even at the beginning I wasn’t sure about her (I don’t know why!).  I think it might have been how she and Anna slowly became better friends and how we learnt more about her character throughout the book.
I think that my favourite part of this book has to be the ending.  I loved how it resolved everything (something I believe a good ending should do) and still gave me something that I didn’t see coming.  I think this was also the section that made my heart swoon the most!
Overall, I really enjoyed it, a great summer read and has got me very excited to read more Stephanie Perkins.

Quotes:

“I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.” “For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”“I mean, really. Who sends their kid to boarding school? It's so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn't have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons.” 

Songs:

What means the most –Colbie CaillatTreacherous – Taylor SwiftThe Writer - Ellie Goulding 

Other books:  

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I couldn’t not recommend this, especially since some of the characters from this one crop up in Lola as well.Jasmine Skies by Sita BrahmachariIf you liked the aspect of travel or finding love in a different country then read this – it’s set in India.
Looking For Alaska by John Green - Set in a boarding school but with a deeper story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment