Wednesday 15 June 2016

Top Ten Tuesday Fifty Six

Top Ten Releases for the second half of the year

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This week's topic was one I was excited about for once, as I never seem to have many anticipated releases.  However, this time I really enjoyed looking at what books are coming out later on this year, and finding some new ones to get excited about, even if I did only manage to end up with six.  And so, enjoy!  



1) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (18th October) - 
Illuminae has already become one of my favourite books I've read this year, and so I really can't wait to pick this one up when it comes out later this year.  I'm also really interested to see this story follow two new characters (even if do love all the characters in Illuminae) as well as to get back to its gorgeous format and awesome space battles.  

2) A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (20th September) - 
I actually haven't heard a ton about this one and honestly don't know much other than the synopsis, but even that is enough to draw me to this one.  Not only is it set in Victorian London, but it also includes a main character who can burst into flames and who isn't the chosen one for once!  It also just sounds so intriguing with all the sorcery and secrets and I can't wait to see what this one is like when its released.  

3) This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (5th July) - 
I remember hearing a little about this before and I definitely knew it was coming out, but until I read the blurb recently I didn't realize how awesome this actually sounds.  I'm always up for a monster or someone inhuman attempting to be human and I'm excited to see how it plays out in this, especially opposite the other main character Kate.  Also its not too long till its out, so long to wait! 



4) A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir (30th August) - 
Almost the moment I finished An Ember in the Ashes last week I was on goodreads desperately attempting to find out about a sequel and when it would be released so I could continue on with this amazing story.  After the ending of the first book I can't wait to see what's going to happen next, and to see the story from another character's perspective as well, and just to generally return to this world and story that I completely fell in love with.  

5) A Darkly Beating Heart by Lindsay Smith (25th October) -
This is another I only found recently when looking for releases for the second half of the year, but now I'm so excited for this to be released.  Not only is it a time travel novel, but its set in Japan, a setting I have yet to read much about, and instead of just normal time travel, the main character instead seems to take on some else's life in this past, something which for me just confirms my anticipation to read this.  

6) Three Dark Crowns by Kendrae Blake (20th September)
Finally, not only I am excited for this because she wrote Anna Dressed in Blood, a book I loved, but also because it sounds like such a cool fantasy centering around three sisters.  I love the idea of the three of them having to fight it out to be queen, but also how deceptive and hopefully dark this will be as only one is left standing at the end of it.  


What books are you anticipating for the second half of the year?


*

4 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to Gemina, too! I didn't read Illuminae until a couple of months ago, and I loved it, so I need more in that world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I also only read it a few months ago and I'm so glad I did cause the world is amazing and I need more in it soon!

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know Illuminae was getting a sequel! I'll probably have to read it fairly soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't until I read it and needed more! Definitely recommend giving it a go, especially as with the sequel coming out later this year :)

      Delete