Tuesday 11 April 2017

Top Ten Tuesday Seventy Five



Top Ten Of The Most Unique Books I've Ever Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This week I finally decided to get back into top ten tuesday after having a fair few weeks off from these sort of posts.  I'm always a fan of a good unique read and so thought this week's topic was a perfect one to jump back into and share some of my favourite reads that are quite unique in some way, shape or form.  And so, enjoy!  



This was one of the first one that came to mind as soon as I read the topic for this week, as unlike almost all other books this one is told not just through text, but through documents, messages and many other elements that help to tell the story of Ezra and Kady.  Not only was it told in such a unique way, but the story was also so addicting and one of my favourite reads of last year.  



If anyone ever asked me to really explain what this book is about, I don't think I could ever completely pinpoint or describe the true nature of this story.  I just adore how unique an atmosphere this book manages to create and how real and individual everything about it is, from the plot to the characters to the writing that just makes this book unlike any other. 




This is the most recent of my reads on this list, but one that still managed to draw me in with its unique format and story.  It tells us the story of a relationship and the breakdown of that relationship in one of the most imaginative ways, by taking us right back to the start and taking us through the stories and moments of their time together through the objects they saved from them.  It allows us to see right into their relationship in such a personal and unique way that just makes this book so different from any other YA romance.  


Here is another one with not only a unique format but also a really unique writing style and plot to go along with it.  With this one, I just adored how the photos were such an integral aspect of the story and as well as how different a story it was to anything else I've read, as well as how magical and fantastical an atmosphere it created throughout the book.



 
This is my all time favourite book and one that has some of the uniquest writing, narration and characters I have ever read. If the fact that this story told to us from the perspective of death is not enough, then this one also has some of the most beautiful writing and story that will draw you in and take you on a journey you will never forget.  



Another one here that is one of my favourites and a story that I have never read something similar to before or since.  I just love the concept of this one of following four completely different people all facing their own problems but who all manage to make the most of the time they have left.  



What are some of the most unique books you've ever read?  Have you read any of these - what did you think! 




2 comments:

  1. The only ones of these I've read are The Raven Boys and The Book Thief, but I agree with both of them, very unique books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/top-ten-tuesday-102/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are definitely both very unique and different as well as amazing books!

      Delete