Friday 13 January 2017

Winter TBR

With Christmas and New Year now over, and the cold starting to settle in for good, a new TBR is more than needed to give me some good books to look forward to and motivate me to start my reading year off well.  I am determined to leave the Great Reading Slump of 2016 far behind me and start this year a fresh, with new goals, new books and new blog posts that hopefully will be a little bit more regular than last years.  And so, enjoy!  


If I'm honest, I really don't understand how I have left this book unread for so long, and how this series has taken me so long to get through.  After the ending of the fifth book, City of Lost Souls, I can't wait to see where the story is going to go and also to see how everything will wrap up in this conclusion.  I am also desperate to finally see what the hype is about The Infernal Devices series, but am in such need of finishing this one first that this book is going to be my top priority for the month - if I only read one book, it will be this one. 



When I first heard about this book I absolutely adored the sound of it and couldn't wait to pick it up and read it.  It follows Katherine and Matthew who are continuously brought back to life, fall in love, change history before being tragically separated again and again. Unfortunately though, as often happens with me and books, instead of reading it the moment I bought it, it has instead been left on my shelf for far too long now while my enthusiasm about this story has drained.  So, I really do feel as though I need to at least give this one a go pretty damn soon as whilst I am still interested and intrigued by the concept of this book now, I am scared that if I wait too long, I no longer will have much desire to read it at all.  




This is another one that has been on my shelf for far too long, and is immediate need of being read, especially as I also would love to start reading more contemporary again as well.  This story follows a couple in the process of breaking up and goes back to show each item of their relationship and its significance.  I absolutely adore the unique concept of the way this story is told and set out, and so can't wait to see how it will turn out and what this book will hold! 




This is a series loved by so many people, and so after reading the first book in this series, The Raven Boys, early last year I am determined to continue on and not just leave this sequel sitting unread for much longer.  I loved the mystical and fantastical elements of the first book, and so can't wait to see and learn more about them in this one, as well as returning to a band of characters I have already fallen in love with.  



Looking back over what I read throughout last year, it is clear that books from one specific genre are severely lacking - historical fiction.  This story is an alternative history novel set in a world where the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule, as our main character Yael enters a motorcycle race in an attempt to kill Hitler.  As soon as the read the synopsis for this one, I knew it sounded like my perfect novel, as adore the concept of it and just can't wait to see how it plays out!



What books are you hoping to read over the next few months?  Have you read any of these - what did you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment