Tuesday 3 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Twenty Four

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This week's theme was one I actually found fairly hard to come up with as I discovered that I tend to read series, marathon a certain authors books or not read debut authors books but rather read their books in the wrong order.  Therefore, I decided that instead of just skipping this topic entirely, I would combine the two suggestions and provide a small list for both.  So I hope you enjoy: 


Top Ten Sophomore novels that I loved just as much/ more than the author's debut:



1) Annabel Pitcher - I really did enjoy My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece, but I do have to say that I loved Ketchup Clouds so much more.  I think I just prefered the mysterious storyline and the setting of the book over her debut, causing me to prefer this one overall.  



2) Stephanie Perkins - Out of the three books currently out by Stephen Perkins, Lola is by far my favourite, with Anna coming in a close second.  I did enjoy all of the books but Lola definitely triumphed Anna in my opinion.  



3) Cat Patrick - I actually read her sophomore novel, Revived before any of her others, including her debut, Forgotten.  However, I still found that I did enjoy Revived more than Forgotten as this may even just make it into my list of favourite books.  



(Just realised that this is not Morgan Matson's second book, but her third - sorry!)

4) Morgan Matson - Again, I did read this books in the wrong order (2nd book first), but I still have to say that I did love Since You've Been Gone just that little bit more than Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.

*

Top Ten Debut Authors who have me looking forward to their sophomore novel: 



1) Tommy Wallach - I read We All Looked up earlier this year and absolutely loved it, so I think it's safe to say that I am extremely excited and anticipating reading his second book, which I'm hoping to pick up very soon after its release date next year.  



2) Moira Fowley-Doyle - I have only very recently read The Accident Season by her, but even still I already can't wait for another book by her and hope that it will come as soon as possible! 

*

4 comments:

  1. I love that you incorporate your own photos into the list! I bought The Accident Season and started it, but it was a little quirky for me. I need to give it another shot!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd definitely try and give it another shot as I think it's a really good read but don't worry if it's not for you!

      Delete
  2. I really didn't get on with Annabel Pitcher's writing unfortunately. I've got her most recent book and I'm going to give it ago, but I'm frustrated that I didn't like it. I really need to read some of Stephanie Perkins work to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest giving Annabel Pitcher another go but don't worry if can't get into her writing. I'd also definitely recommend Stephanie Perkins books as they're all just so fun and cute!

      Delete