Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic was one that really got me excited about all the book to movie adaptations that are either already out there or are soon to be. As with last week, I choose to do both of the suggested topics in order to make the list a reasonable length. Enjoy:
Top Ten Book to Movie adaptations I still need to see
1) The Spectacular Now - I read this book what must be around 2 years ago now, mainly down to the fact that it was a movie with Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller as the leads. And yet, I still have to watch the movie.
2) The Scorch Trials - Despite not being able to finish the book, I was really looking forward to watching the film when it came out earlier this year, as I had loved the first film. But alas, I left it too late to watch it and so now have to wait to watch it.
3) Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist - This one I didn't even know existed until I spotted it on Netflix and knew instantly that I needed to read the book instantly. But now, around six months later, I have yet to either read the book or watch the film.
4) Me, Earl and The Dying Girl - This is another case where the sole reason for me not being able to or wanting to watch it is because I have not yet read the book. This one is a little more annoying as the book is actually sitting on my shelf, but I still haven't got round to reading it, and so I will not be watching this until I finally do.
Top Ten Book to Movie adaptations I'm looking forward to
1) The Hunger Games Mockingjay: Part 2 - I'm pretty sure that almost everyone, including me, is anxiously anticipating the release of this one. I honestly can't wait to watch this one as Mockingjay was my favourite book but I also don't want this series to end!
2) The 5th Wave - I didn't even know this one was becoming a film until a few months ago when the trailer popped up on my screen. I really enjoyed this book and so can't wait to see how they portray the story on screen.
3) Let It Snow - Despite only finding out about this one a few days ago while searching for some upcoming book to movie adaptations, I am so excited for this as I can already picture it being an amazingly cute little festive film!
4) Looking For Alaska - This is the one which I think I have been waiting the longest for, as ever since the news came out I have been anticipating its release (even if it was a few years away). This one was by far my favourite John Green book and so I'm so happy they decided to turn it into a film.