Thursday 3 November 2016

November TBR

At last, November, one of my favourite months of the year, is finally here, and so what better way to welcome in the month than with another TBR.  Last month, despite reading books I really enjoyed, wasn't the best for the number of books I actually got round to, but all that means is I am going into this month even more determined to finally get back into my old reading habits.  And so, enjoy!  



1) A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir - 

After reading An Ember in the Ashes earlier this year, I was so excited for the release of the sequel in August, and so can't believe that my reading slump stopped me from picking this up as soon as I could.  The ending of the first one left me wanting to continue the story and read so much more in this world that I can't wait to pick up this book at last and see where things go, so if I end up just reading one book this month (although let's all hope I don't!) then hopefully it is this one.

2) Cinder by Marissa Meyer - 

This is another one that I picked up after hearing so many good things about this series and knew that I needed to give this a go.  This book is a sci-fi cinderella retelling, where Cinder is a cyborg. After reading Throne of Glass last month, and loving it, I really want to give this, another book that has so much hype surrounding it, a go and hope that it lives up to or exceeds my expectations exactly like Throne of Glass.



3) Mosquitoland by David Arnold - 

This was one was one of my most anticipated debuts of last year, and yet somehow I still haven't got round to reading it, and so I would love to finally read it this month.  It follows Mim as she takes a bus back to her old home where her mother has recently become ill.  Recently, I feel like I've been reading alot more fantasy, and so I would also really like to get round to this one to also just get back to reading some good old contemporary.  



4) The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd - 

Although the perfect time to read this book has now past, I am still in the mood to get round to this creepy book that I have been wanting to read for so long now.  This one tells the story of Juliet as she finds out her father is still alive and carrying on his mad experiments on a remote island she must travel to.  Even if Halloween is now over, I am still really wanting to finally read this one, as I haven't read a super creepy book in a while now, so hopefully this one can fill my need for one this month.  

5) Switched by Amanda Hocking - 

Finally, because once again what good is a TBR if its not going to be hard to achieve, I would love to also get round to rereading the first book in one of my favourite series,  since I recently picked up my own copy of it.  I also really hope that if November is still plagued by this slump, then reading not only one of my favourites, but also a book that I know is an addictive and fast paced read, may help me make my way firmly out of one.


What books do you plan to read this month?  Have you read any of these - what did you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment