Monday 21 November 2016

Birthday Book Haul

Over the last couple of months, not only has my reading slump stopped me from reading anywhere near as much as I would like, but it also stopped me from buying books pretty much at all, as I didn't need any new books when I wasn't even reading the ones I currently owned.  But luckily, with the end of October and the beginning of November came not only what I hoped was an escape from my reading slump, but also my birthday.  And so, for the first time in a long while, I used both as an excuse to buy a few new books.  And so, enjoy!  




After reading Illuminae at the beginning of the year, this one went straight to the top of my list for the most anticipated releases of the year.  And so, its safe to say that I was so happy when I recieved this one for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, as it meant I could finally read the sequel to one of my favourite reads of this year.  I can't tell you how excited I am to jump into this one and see where the story goes, and so am pretty sure I will reading this one fairly soon as well!      



After reading the synopsis for this one before it even came out, I was super intrigued in the story, but for some reason never got round to picking it up.  So when I saw it whilst out on my birthday, I decided to give in and actually pick it up for once, instead of just forgetting about it and never getting round to buying it like I do with so many of anticipated releases.  This one sounds like nothing I've ever read before, and I'm really curious to see how the split POV works and ultimately what this book has in store.



Considering The Book Thief has forever held the title of my all time favourite book, I would have never have guessed that I would be putting in one of my book hauls.  I'm not normally one to rebuy books I've already read, let alone already own, but after realising that my copy of this one was the definition of battered, I thought it might be a good idea to get a new copy of it.  And so, I was insanely happy and grateful when I received this new gorgeous edition for my birthday, and can't wait to finally reread this amazing book.  




Similarly to Gemina, as soon as I heard that this one was coming out, it shot straight to the top of my list of anticipated reads.  I absolutely adored Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, and so was over the moon when I spotted this one recently, especially considering I had somehow missed that it was even out!  I couldn't resist picking this one up, and now am even more excited for Christmas to roll around so that I can read this one as well.  


Finally, I actually picked this one up a week or so after my birthday, but still thought I slip it into this book haul anyway.  Recently, for whatever reason I have really loving fantasy, and after attempting to read a contemporary found that I was really not in the mood to read from that genre at the minute.  But because contemporary is usually the genre I do read the most from, that is definitely what dominates my bookshelf, and so I decided it was time to pick up a new fantasy to satisfy my need for one!  


What books have you recently picked up?  Have you read any of these - what did you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment