Tuesday 13 June 2017

June/ July TBR

Somehow we are already well into June, which means that summer is pretty much upon on, and also means its time for another TBR.  After not a great few months in terms of reading, I am really hoping that now my exams are all over and I've taken a little break from everything that I can really get back into both my reading and blogging and hopefully get round to most, if not all, of these books in the next two months or so.  I also decided to do this TBR a little different to my normal seasonal ones as despite it pretty much being the start of summer, I actually want to save my summer TBR for when I finish school around the end of June, as that is by far the time of year when I read the most, and 
so I know that I will want to create a TBR then as well.  
And so, enjoy!  

Somehow despite almost everyone having read and raved about this book by now, I still have yet to actually get around to reading it.  This one follows a gang of deadly criminals brought together by Kaz Breaker in order to attempt to pull off an almost impossible heist, and honestly just sounds like such an amazing read.  I just love the concept of this one and can't wait to see how it plays out,



This is one that I actually picked up pretty spontaneously a couple of months ago whilst I was in such a contemporary mood, and so for once I actually haven't heard many other people talking about this book, and so for that part I'm not going into this one with many expectations.  This story just sounds like a really cute little romance surrounding our main character, Lexi, who meets author Aidan Green whilst helping out her father with his events business.  Honestly, I'm just really hoping to get to this one next time in the contemporary mood, and am excited to see what this one has in store! 



Despite reading Another Day only a few months ago, I am somehow already desperately feeling the need to pick up a David Levithan book, and so I'm pretty sure this will be one I'll be picking up very soon.  This one follows Naomi and Ely, two best friends who create a no kiss list, but face problems when Ely kisses Naomi's boyfriend, who they never even thought about putting on the list.  I'm just really excited to get to this one as I know already that I will enjoy it and as always just can't wait to read some more David Levithan.  



After finishing Tender is the Night back in April, I suddenly really felt the need to pick up and read more classics, and so decided that this would be the next one I wanted to pick up.  I honestly don't know a huge amount about this one other than the fact that its a dystopian and may have some influence from the Soviet Union, although I have to admit I'm not 100% sure as I really want to try going into this one not really knowing what to expect.  Honestly, I've just super excited to read this one and to see what I think of it as I know so many people love it, and so can't wait to actually read this story.  




Out of the all of the books on this TBR, this one is definitely the one I am both most desperate and most need to get to.  This is the sequel to An Ember in the Ashes, one of my favourite books of last year, and so its safe to say I was so excited to read this one when it came out last summer.  Yet somehow, we have made it almost a year now and still haven't got round to picking this up, despite how much I know I will love it and how desperately I really want to continue on with this series, so now is definitely the time to bite the bullet and pick this one up before I forget everything that happened in the first one.



What books do you hope to read in the next few months?  Have you read any of these - what did you think?  





No comments:

Post a Comment