Tuesday 18 October 2016

Top Ten Tuesday Sixty Seven

Top Ten Characters I'd name my pet after

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This weeks topic was one I was super excited about, as I knew straight away that I would have no problem thinking of ten of my favourite characters I would name my pet after.  I have to admit, some of these may not be your usual choice for a pet's name, but if they're named after one of my favourite characters, then I see no problem with it!  And so, enjoy!


1) Max from the Book Thief  - 

I feel like this is a pretty normal name for a dog or pet, and so its an added bonus that one of my favourite characters also shares this name.  The Book Thief is one of my favourite books, so its safe to say I can see one of my pets having this name at some point.

2) Zelda from Thanks for the Trouble - 

I loved Zelda's character in this book, and actually think that it would be a pretty cool name for a pet as well.  She was such a complex characters and had such an interesting personality that just made me so much more curious to learn more about her and ultimately love her even more.


3) Dash from Dash and Lily's Book of Dares - 

Out of all the ones on this list, I feel as though this would be one of the most fitting names for a dog, and so this isn't one that is too out of the box.  Dash is also a character from one of my favourite christmas books, and who I think it would be fitting to name a dog after.

4) Konstantin from Frostfire by Amanda Hocking - 

Okay, so this one may be a little more out there than some of the others, but I couldn't help but put it on this list as I feel like you could get away with naming your dog this just about.  Konstantin was by far my favourite character from this series, so why not name one of my pets after him?   


5) Elias from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - 

Not only do I love this name as it is, but I also absolutely adored Elias in this book, and he is definitely one of my favourite characters from this years reads.  He was such a strong character who looked out for his friends and grew so much that I would love to be able to name my pet after him.  

6) Magnus from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

Maybe its just the fact that Magnus has cats of his own, or his cat eyes, but I can totally imagine naming my cat after my favourite character from this series.  

7) Nix from The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig - 

Not only did I love this book as a whole, but I really did love our main character of Nix as well.  She was someone who not only was a great character anyway but who grew throughout the book and I think that her name would be perfect for a pet.  

8) Blue from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - 

Although I did love so many of the characters in this book, Blue was definitely someone who stood out with her own unique personality that made her different in the best way.  She also has such a unique name that I think she would be perfect to name a pet after.  


9) Chaol from Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas - 

Despite only just finishing this book, I am already in love with the character of Chaol, and so can safely say that I would happily name a pet after him.  

10) Luna from Harry Potter by J K Rowling - 

Finally, I don't think I could ever debate characters to name my dog, cat or even child after without having Luna be one of my top choices.  She is by far my favourite character from the Harry Potter series, and is also such a good one for not being afraid to be different and yourself as well.


Which characters would you name your pet after?



9 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the book, but I love the idea of Dash as the name of a dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You - I'd definitely recommend reading it!

      Delete
  2. If I wasn't allergic to cats, I would totally name one Luna. That a great name! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love so many off of your list. I really like Dash. It's what Queen Victoria named one of her spaniels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually never that that's so cool :)

      Delete
  4. My fave names on your list are Luna and Magnus, I think that they would be good names for a variety of different pets. Nice list.

    My Blog : http://www.teaandtitles.com/

    ReplyDelete