Sunday 25 September 2016

September Wrap Up

No matter how much disbelief I have about this, September is soon to be over already.  Like last month, these last few weeks seem to have just flown by without me realising how quickly they were going, and so unfortunately I haven't managed to read anywhere near as much as I wanted to this month.  It seems my reading slump is still in full swing, and so all I can do is hope that the next couple of weeks bring alot more reading than any of my last ones have.  Nonetheless, I have managed to read some great books, and so, enjoy!


1) The Way We Bared Our Souls by Willa Strayhorn - 

Despite starting this one in about halfway through August and eventually finishing it towards the end of the month, it didn't make my September TBR for whatever reason, and so I figured I would just slip it into this one instead.  It tells the story of five friends, who one night choose to perform a ritual they hope will get rid of their problems but instead becomes one that will change them all forever. Although it did take me awhile to get through, I did really enjoy the story and the amazingly unqiue concept of people actually physically switching burdens with others, my only key problem coming from some of the characters actions and the ending that just felt a tad too rushed for my liking.

Rating - 3.5/5



Next up I decided to pick this one up after I could feel myself slipping back into the horrible reading slump that has dominated my reading this year, and so I hoped this would be the perfect one to get me back into the swing of things.  It follows our two main characters of Mark and Kate, who form a friendship one night and soon become more important to each other than they could have imagined.  Despite absolutely adoring this one, unfortunately it did still take me longer than I would have hoped to get through after my urge to read slipped once again.  But nonetheless, this was definitely one of my favourites out of those I have read recently, and was an amazingly unqiue story that captivated me and took me along with all of its relatable characters who I couldn't help but love.  

Rating - 4.5/5


3) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - 

The only one off my September TBR that I actually managed to get to, I decided to read this one as I knew I had to get to it before the films release.  This one is about our main character of Jacob as he travels to a remote islands after a family tragedy in search of a children's home his grandfather used to live in with a group of seemingly peculiar children.  Although unfortunately I am still a few pages off finishing this one, its safe to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it and loving the creepiness mixed in with the supernatural elements.

Rating - 4/5 



What books did you read this month?  Have you read any of these - what did you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment