Tuesday 24 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Twenty Seven

Top Ten Books I am most thankful for

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This weeks topic was one I enjoyed as it really made me think about which books I am thankful for as well just making me think about the things that I am grateful for in a more general sense.  So here is a list of some of the books I am most thankful for in the world:


1) Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman - This is likely the first book that actually got me into properly into reading, and was definitely the first YA series I ever read.  I still love this story and I am so grateful to it for introducing me fully into the world of books. 
 *
2) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - This one wasn't so much as a first, but is more a book I absolutely love and am so glad I have read.  It's a story that has stayed with me for so long and I'm just so grateful for a story that makes me feel a little more comfortable being a wallflower.  
*
3) Switched by Amanda Hocking - I am so thankful that I picked this book up as it introduced me to one of my favourite authors.  Having read a total of 11 or so books by her, I can't imagine not having read this story or been introduced to this world.  
*
4) Revived by Cat Patrick - A second book to introduce me to another of my favourite authors, and a story I adore with all my heart.  This book still gives me chills and made me pick up her other two books, and for that I am grateful.  
*
5) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I can't tell you how grateful I am to this series for so many different reasons.  Along with Noughts and Crosses, it was one the first YA series I read, was one of the first fandoms I joined and just became one of my favourite series to date.  
*
6) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - If I had to pick one book to be my favourite, it would have to be this one.  I am so glad I read all 600-odd pages of this as once again it is a story I keep coming back to and one I will recommend to anyone and everyone.  I am so grateful for simply having read this amazing work of art.  
*
7) The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - This is another I am grateful simply for being able to say that I have read and loved the story.  I am so thankful for the beauty of the writing and for it really introducing me into the world of horror and showing me that I could actually enjoy it.  
*

10 comments:

  1. You have a great list! I definitely have to agree with you on The Hunger Games, but I am sad to say that I have not read any of the other books. Maybe I will read them soon.

    My TTT: http://adventureswithabooknerd.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-tuesday-five-things-im-thankful.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to hear of someone else who loves The Hunger Games as I do and I'd definitely suggest picking up any of the others as well!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to read Noughts and crosses for a while! Great Post! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend reading it as it's such a good series. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving too!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read anything on this list except The Hunger Games, which made my list as well, but The Perks of Being a Wallflower has been on my TBR pile for a while. Maybe I'll get around to reading it over Thanksgiving break!

    Check out the books I'm thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hunger Games is just an amazing series, and I'd definitely suggest picking up The Perks of Being a Wallflower as it's a great book and the movies pretty good too!

      Delete
  4. Great list! The Perks of Being a Wallflower would make into my list too!
    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to know that someone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

      Delete
  5. Love Noughts and Crosses, The Hunger Games and The Book Thief!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-32/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know that someone else loves them as much as me!

      Delete