Tuesday 15 September 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Seventeen

Top ten favourite fictional friendships

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme by The Broke and Bookish.  This week was a freebie, so I decided to take this opportunity to talk about and share some my favourite friendships from books.  I always seem to love any book with a good, strong or unique friendship in it, so without rambling on any further, here are some of my favourites: 

1) Liesel and Rudy from The Book Thief - Not only are these two out of one of, if not my favourite book, but their friendship is also one I adore so much.  I love how they grew up together throughout the book, how completely they trusted and helped each other, and honestly couldn't get enough of them as a pair.  

2) Simon and Clary from The Mortal Instruments - These are two whose relationship I have both loved and hated throughout the series, but after recently reading the fourth installment, City of Fallen Angels, I couldn't help but want to put them on this list due to just how honest they are with each, as well as the fact that after everything they have been through, they are still friends.
  
3) Gemma and Harper from The Watersong series - These two are likely my favourite fictional sisters just because of how much they care for and support each other, something which majorly influences almost all of this series.  

4) Ethan and Henry from The Game of Love and Death - Honestly, I don't entirely understand what exactly made me love their friendship, but I just really enjoyed their relationship and liked how well they worked together and just cared for each other.  

5) Will Grayson and Tiny Cooper from Will Grayson, Will Grayson - This seemed to be a rather unconventional yet still heartwarming friendship, and again I just couldn't help but get attached to it.  

6) Ian and Ben from The Midnight Palace - With this one, I liked how their friendship took quite a back seat and wasn't always the main focus, but yet still how Ian was always there for Ben and just how well he knew his friend. 

7) Isla and Kurt from Isla and The Happily Ever After - Honestly, I found the relationship between these two to be one of my favourite friendships out of the series, with it being made clear almost instantly how close they were and how much they supported each other through everything - plus I just loved Kurt as a character.  

8) Issac and Augustus from The Fault in our Stars - I feel as though this is one of the more obvious ones, but it is definitely one that I still wanted to mention.  I just really liked the great relationship that these two had and loved the funny moments their friendship gave us.  

9) Alice and Bobby from The My Blood Approves series - For some reason, Bobby is likely my favourite character out of this series, one of the reasons for this being the relationship he has with Alice.  I just loved seeing how they slowly began to like each other and how unconventional yet godd their friendship became.  

10) Audrey and Daisy from Revived - Finally, I couldn't complete this list without including these two, both of whom I love as individually as I do together.  They just work so well and I just loved seeing their amazing friendship - this book would definitely not be the same without it.  

4 comments:

  1. awww I adore fictional friendships! Harry & Ron & Hermione always come immediately to mind... My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was unsure as to whether to include them as I've watched all the films but only read the first book. Maybe next time a catergory like this comes up I will be able to!

      Delete
  2. I love Rudy and Liesel's friendship!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-22/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They were the first ones I thought of when I decided to do this category.

      Delete