Tuesday 26 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Eleven

Top ten books I plan to have in my beach bag this summer

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  After not participating in this for a while now, I decided that this topic was a perfect one to get me back into it, as it was one I knew I could create a pretty healthy list for, and one which I would enjoy making.  So, here are my top ten books which I plan to have in my beach bag this summer:

1) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - Having read Anna last year whilst on holiday, I can't seem to bring myself to finish the series before summer this year, simply to end it the way I started it.  But, you can be assured, that as soon as I can, I will reading this in a heartbeat.

2) The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith - Contemporaries and romances are always a must to read over the summer, so this is which I will definitely be picking up when the sun is out.

3) The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - This is another book which, despite wanting to read so badly, I can't seem to do so until the holidays again, as this was when I first read The Prince of Mist by Zafon two years ago.

4) The Disrespectable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart - After reading We Were Liars last year, I can say that I love E. Lockhart's writing style and books in general, so I can't wait to pick this one up this summer.

5) Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan - Despite not usually being the type of book I would read this summer, I am almost certain that this one will be in my beach bag this summer as I am really excited to continue the series with this fourth installment.  

6) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - This is another contemporary which I am definitely planning to finally get round to reading this summer, after having sat on my bookshelf for too long now.  

7) The Mortal Instruments:City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - Due to the length of this one, it is extremely likely that I will hold off reading this till summer, when I will almost certainly have to time to continue this series and give this book my full attention. 

8) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling - I can't believe that I am still yet to read this series, having so far only read the first book, so I determined to continue it and read this one in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh have fun with the fourth Percy Jackson and the second Harry Potter. The fourth one is possibly my favourite Percy Jackson, so I hope you enjoy it. The second Harry Potter is probably my least favourite, but that's not because of the book really, it's because of a certain phobia of mine!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks good to know that the fourth percy Jackson is a good one, especially as I've really been enjoying the series so far! Also thanks for checking out my list!

    ReplyDelete