Tuesday 20 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Ten

Top ten books I'd relate a song to

Top ten tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  If you've ever read my reviews, then you will know that I almost always add three songs to the end of each, so it's quite clear that I am a massive fan of both books and music, and even more so when it comes to combining them.  So, I figured that, seeing as this top ten tuesday was a freebie, I would use this opportunity to list both my favourites out of the books I have already reviewed on here, as well as to share songs that I relate to books that I have never reviewed.  So here are my top ten books I would relate a song to:

1) Gone by Micheal Grant - Laura Palmer by Bastille - I think that both the song and the books are fairly dark at times, as well as both dramatic, so I personally think these two work well together; plus, whether I hear this, I can just see fast-paced, dramatic scenes, exactly like some of the events in the Gone books. - "All the people of the town, cast their eyes right to the ground."

2) Looking For Alaska by John Green - Come Together by Echosmith - Personally, I think this perfectly dictates the first half of the book, when they first all meet and begin playing pranks and stuff.  Also, the bridge relates well to the second half. - "With the smoke in the mirror I can see your face, so lets run to the fire escape"

3) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - The People by Nina Nesbitt - This is such a intense and emotional song, and this book is full of events like this, and so as soon as I heard this I knew that it fitted perfectly with this book, especially how it builds from being very soft and delicate to loud and dramatic. - "We are the people, we watch as things go."

4) The Originals by Cat Patrick - Safest Place by Echosmith - This song perfectly sums up the deception and hidden secrets that are a constant in this book, and honestly the lyrics relate so well to the story as well. - "If you're looking for truth, don't come looking for me." 

5) Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn - Everybody by Ingird Michelson - Both the song and the book are just so quirky and cute, and the lyrics fit so well to the story.  I can even imagine Lily walking along the street to this! - "Trying to make your heart fit like a glove."

6) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Centuries by Fall Out Boy - I love this song, and think it fits quite well as they are both very dramatic and some of the lyrics just fit very well with the whole idea of the games - "You will remember me, remember me for centuries"

7) The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking - Kings and Queens by Thirty Seconds To Mars - Personally this song fits so well with the entire series, and some of the lyrics are just so perfect for this book; even the title fits well! - "The sound of a fight, father has spoken."

8) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - This Love by Taylor Swift - I think that this song perfectly sums up the book, and I'm sure any who has read it will understand why, as it not only sounds very magically and mysterious, both of which I believe this book definitely is, but some of the lyrics really relate to aspects of it as well, some of which you may only encounter further into it... - "Clear blue water, high tide came and brought you in."

9) The Mortal Instruments: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare - When The Darkness Comes by Colbie Caillat - This is from the City of Bones soundtrack, and it's such a good song that I feel it can also relate to the softer and sadder parts of the book so well - "Now the door is open, the world I knew is broken."

10) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - While The World Let Go by A Rocket To The Moon - Again, I think that this just captures their whole relationship pretty well, particularly the first verse and bridge, during which the lyrics relate so well to later events... - "I swore I'd never let you end up on your own, I'll always be around to let you know." 

No comments:

Post a Comment