Top Ten New-To-Me authors I read in 2015
Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. I really enjoyed this week's topic as it allowed me to look back over my year of reading and remember some of the amazing books and authors I have read this year. And so, here are some of my favourite new-to-me authors from the past year - enjoy!
1) Annabel Pitcher - This was the year in which I finally picked up both of her novels, My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece and Ketchup Clouds, and really enjoyed both of them. I'm really glad I finally picked up her books and I'm already planning on reading her next book some time soon.
2) Scott Westerfeld - So far, I have only read Afterworlds by Westerfeld, but I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't leave him off this list, especially as it has made me want to pick up his Uglies series very soon as well.
3) Rick Yancey - I first started his series, The 5th Wave in March, and so far I am loving it. I can't wait for the final book to be released, and so that is why Rick Yancey had to have a place here.
4) Tommy Wallach - I can't tell you how much I have raved about his book, We All Looked Up, to anyone and everyone, and so it seemed utterly impossible for him to not feature.
5) Jenny Han - I only read my first book of hers, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, last month, and I am already anticipating picking up the sequel. I loved it and can't wait to read more from Jenny Han next year!
6) Julie Kagawa - After her entire Iron Fey series sitting on my shelf for years without being read, I finally picked up the first two books this year. They weren't my favourites of the year, but I did still really enjoy them and so felt she deserved a place on this list.
7) Sarah Dessen - It seems mad to say that I read my first Sarah Dessen book this year, as so many people seemed to have heard about and read her books. I really enjoyed her book, Just Listen and really hope to read another of hers some time in the future.
8) J K Rowling - This is by far the most embarrassing name on the list. Yes, before this year I had never read Harry Potter, but I am so glad that I finally have and so, how could I not put her on this list?
9) Sally Green - Another of my recent reads, I started her Half Bad series late this year, and I absolutely adored the first book. I can't wait to continue on with the series and hope to do so extremely soon!
10) Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and Bone, at this point, is actually my most recent read. I completely fell in love with the world, characters and story and I am so happy that I finally discovered Leigh Bardugo, thus placing her straight onto this list.